Big Buck Contest
Big Buck Contest
Enter your deer head in our big buck contest to have your trophy scored and have a chance to win a cash prize.
This contest is organized and hosted by
the Shenandoah Valley Chapter
of Hunters Helping Kids
DIVISIONS / CLASSES:
ADULT DIVISION: YOUTH DIVISION: (15 and under)
6 points & below $100 6 points & below $100
7 & 8 points $100 7 & 8 points $100
9, 10 & 11 points $100 9, 10 & 11 points $100
12 points & above $100 12 points & above $100
In order to enter the contest, hunters must have a Virginia Game Check Card
or the confirmation number on their license issued by
the game department telephone checking system.
Entries will be taken on Friday, Jan 25th. from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
and Saturday, Jan 26th. from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
Questions – Call 540-578-2802
Announcement of winners and award of prizes will be on Sunday, Jan 27th. at 3:p.m.
ENTRY FEE WILL BE $20 per head
Entry fee includes:
- Scoring of one head
- CHANCE TO WIN CASH and PLAQUE
- Certificate for 2nd and 3rd Place
2013 BIG BUCK CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Deer must be whitetail and have been harvested legally, and by fair chase.
2. Deer must be accompanied by a valid Virginia check in tag or confirmation number.
3. There will be a $20 administrative fee per entry.
4. Deer will be scored on the Boone & Crockett system by the Shenandoah Valley Chapter of Hunters Helping Kids. (note these will not be official Boone & Crockett scores)
5. Deer heads or antlers must be at the Roanoke Civic Center between Jan 25th. 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Jan 26th. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
6. We reserve the right to refuse any entry.
7. All deer entered in the contest will be on display until the awards ceremony on Sunday January 27th. at 3:00 pm. Any entry taken before the awards ceremony will forfeit all prizes.
8. We reserve the right to modify these rules prior to the beginning of the big buck contest.